Is Tech Trek right for my daughter?
Tech Trek is an exciting and engaging one-week summer camp for girls featuring hands-on science and technology classes, a fun and educational field trip, opportunities to meet inspiring women role models, and a unique college campus experience. To attend, families need only pay a $50.00 registration fee.
Your daughter is a good fit for Tech Trek if she is currently in the 7th grade and interested in math and science with the potential to excel. Tech Trek is looking for girls who have not had the opportunity for experiences like Tech Trek before, but are excited by the opportunity to try something new, learn new things, and challenge herself. The ideal Tech Trek camper cooperates with teachers, shows respect for other students, regularly participates in class discussions, and makes positive choices for herself in and out of class. To apply, girls must be nominated by their science or math teacher.
- “My experience at Tech Trek was amazing. I really enjoyed professional night and the core classes. Both of these allowed me to learn many things from how to make a kite to how to survive in the professional world. I also liked all of our field trips to Kilches Point, Garibaldi Maritime Museum, and to the Evergreen museums.”
- “My experience at Tech Trek was really fun. I got to connect with girls my age with similar interest at me and learn about different sciences and math I get a career in. I’ve learned about a lot of different things and careers like oceanology and astronomy, which I now have an interest in thanks to the people who came and talked to us about it.”
Tech Trek Really Works!
We surveyed girls who attended Tech Trek in California several years after they attended Tech Trek. The results speak for themselves:
- 82% of girls chose to take more science classes in high school because of Tech Trek
- 91% of girls reported that Tech Trek boosted their self-confidence in their ability to be successful in science classes
- 77% of girls say that Tech Trek increased their interest in technology
- 87% of girls say that Tech Trek introduced them to new STEM careers
- 96% of Tech Trek alumnae go to college
Learn more about AAUW’s Tech Trek camps: