The key components of the Tech Trek model in Tillamook are as follows:
- Local middle school science and math teachers identify girls to attend Tech Trek.
- Girls apply and are selected to attend the camp.
- Campers attend classes and workshops on Tillamook Bay Community College’s campus and stay overnight in the neighboring 4-H Dorm.
- During the week of camp, girls attend a daily math, science, or technology-focused core class.
- Girls perform hands-on activities throughout the day in workshops and evening activities.
- Campers all get to experience a one-day field trip building underwater robots, exploring estuaries, and dissecting squid.
- Girls interact daily with women STEM role models.
- Girls hear from local women STEM professionals at a Professional STEM Women’s Night.